Close-up: “Romeo and Juliet”
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s fantasy overture Romeo and Juliet is based on one of the most passionate love stories in world literature. In our Close-up, members of the Berliner Philharmoniker, young people and actor Ulrich Matthes share their thoughts on the themes of love, conflict and reconciliation and read from Shakespeare’s texts. In between, the film offers exciting insights into the orchestral rehearsals led by chief conductor Kirill Petrenko.
@ 2022 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Close-up: “Berlin Symphony”
- Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker: Dawn of a new era
- Impressions of Herbert von Karajan
- Berlin im Licht: Stories from the Golden Twenties
- Noah Bendix-Balgley: a portrait
- Rhythm is it!
- Open House 2012
- Cathedrals of Culture – Wim Wenders’s film portrait of the Philharmonie
- Máté Szűcs: a portrait
- Dominik Wollenweber: a portrait