Close-up: “Romeo and Juliet”
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s fantasy overture Romeo and Juliet is based on one of the most passionate love stories in world literature. In our Close-up, members of the Berliner Philharmoniker, young people and actor Ulrich Matthes share their thoughts on the themes of love, conflict and reconciliation and read from Shakespeare’s texts. In between, the film offers exciting insights into the orchestral rehearsals led by chief conductor Kirill Petrenko.
@ 2022 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker: Dawn of a new era
- Close-up: “Berlin Symphony”
- Markus Weidmann: a portrait
- Thomas Leyendecker: a portrait
- Herbert von Karajan: Maestro for the screen
- Philharmoniker – Our history, Part 1: The early years
- Simon Rattle: Echoing an era
- A Life in Music – Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Part 1: A child prodigy in Berlin
- Wieland Welzel: a portrait
- Rhythm is it!