Simon Halsey on Verdi’s Messa da Requiem
In March 2022, the Berliner Philharmoniker and the Rundfunkchor Berlin performed Verdi’s Requiem under the direction of Daniel Barenboim. Simon Halsey, who rehearsed the chorus for this performance, talks about the poignant funeral music, of which he says there has “never been a time in all of human history – sadly – when this work was not significant”.
© 2022 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Daniel Barenboim and Asher Fisch in conversation with Stanley Dodds
- Daniel Barenboim on the concert celebrating the fall of the Berlin Wall
- Daniel Barenboim in conversation with Emmanuel Pahud
- Giovanni Antonini in conversation with Raimar Orlovsky
- Reinhard Goebel in conversation with Raimar Orlovsky
- Christian Thielemann in conversation with Raimar Orlovsky
- Marlis Petersen in conversation with Eva-Maria Tomasi
- Helmut Lachenmann in conversation with Catherine Milliken
- Simon Halsey on Michael Tippett’s "A Child of Our Time"
- The opening of the Berlin Philharmonie in 1963 – recollections of Rudolf Weinsheimer