Beethoven Year 2020: The nine symphonies with Kirill Petrenko and others
Kirill Petrenko, chief conductor of the Berliner Philharmoniker, has already presented impressive renditions of Beethoven’s music with performances of his Seventh and Ninth Symphonies. We are taking the composer’s jubilee – 2020 marks the 250th anniversary of his birth – as the occasion for a playlist with all nine symphonies. In addition to Kirill Petrenko and his two predecessors, it includes conductors such as Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Christian Thielemann and Paavo Järvi, who have influenced Beethoven interpretation in a variety of ways in recent decades.
Recommended for you
- The “Late Night” concerts with discoveries for night owls
- Our tuba player’s perspective: Alexander von Puttkamer’s favourites
- Our viola player’s perspective: Amihai Grosz’s favourites
- Russian music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in his works
- A soprano’s perspective: Marlis Petersen’s favourites
- Berliner Philharmoniker as soloists
- Meet Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker!
- Light music and favourite works with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Musical Sunrises: “Let there be light!”