Beethoven Year 2020: The nine symphonies with Kirill Petrenko and others
Kirill Petrenko, chief conductor of the Berliner Philharmoniker, has already presented impressive renditions of Beethoven’s music with performances of his Seventh and Ninth Symphonies. We are taking the composer’s jubilee – 2020 marks the 250th anniversary of his birth – as the occasion for a playlist with all nine symphonies. In addition to Kirill Petrenko and his two predecessors, it includes conductors such as Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Christian Thielemann and Paavo Järvi, who have influenced Beethoven interpretation in a variety of ways in recent decades.
Recommended for you
- Pianists with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- From its beginnings to today: Highlights in the Digital Concert Hall
- Meet Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker!
- Philharmoniker premieres: Music of our time
- Igor Stravinsky in his works
- Symphonic poems: Fairy tales, legends and impressions of nature
- French music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Claudio Abbado and the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Johannes Brahms I: Symphonies, Concertos, Deutsches Requiem
- Berliner Philharmoniker as soloists