Beethoven Year 2020: The nine symphonies with Kirill Petrenko and others
Kirill Petrenko, chief conductor of the Berliner Philharmoniker, has already presented impressive renditions of Beethoven’s music with performances of his Seventh and Ninth Symphonies. We are taking the composer’s jubilee – 2020 marks the 250th anniversary of his birth – as the occasion for a playlist with all nine symphonies. In addition to Kirill Petrenko and his two predecessors, it includes conductors such as Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Christian Thielemann and Paavo Järvi, who have influenced Beethoven interpretation in a variety of ways in recent decades.
- Our viola player’s perspective: Amihai Grosz’s favourites
- From Bohemia and Moravia: Czech music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- The instrument in the centre: The viola in solo and orchestral works
- Familiar works heard anew: Musical metamorphoses
- Claudio Abbado and the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Johannes Brahms I: Symphonies, Concertos, Deutsches Requiem