John Carewe talks about Schoenberg’s “Erwartung” (Expectation)
Conductor John Carewe was among Sir Simon Rattle’s most important teachers. When he performed Schoenberg’s Erwartung with the Berliner Philharmoniker in November 2009, Carewe presented an introduction to the work.
© 2009 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Daniil Trifonov in conversation with Egor Egorkin
- Musicians of the Berliner Philharmoniker talk about Anton Bruckner
- Angela Denoke and Lars Vogt in conversation with Helge Grünewald
- Simon Halsey on Mahler, Bach, Stravinsky
- Unsuk Chin on her Piano Concerto
- Reinhard Goebel in conversation with Raimar Orlovsky
- Sir Simon Rattle on Stravinsky’s "Chant funèbre"
- Mark Padmore in conversation with Stanley Dodds
- Juanjo Mena in conversation with Joaquín Riquelme García
- Isabelle Faust on Peter Eötvös’s Violin Concerto No. 3