Members of the Berliner Philharmoniker recall their time in the Karajan Academy
A successful model that set a precedent: Herbert von Karajan had the innovative idea of training the next generation of orchestra members himself. Today, 50 years after the founding of the Karajan Academy, many orchestras have their own institutions to train young talent. Around a third of the Berliner Philharmoniker can look back on training at the Academy – here seven of them talk about this time.
© 2022 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Karl-Heinz Steffens in conversation with Walter Seyfarth
- Helmut Lachenmann in conversation with Sarah Willis
- Mikko Franck in conversation with Stephan Koncz
- Welcome to the 2015/2016 season!
- Anna Vinnitskaya in conversation with Raphael Haeger
- Gustav Mahler’s Second Symphony: an introduction by Simon Halsey
- Daniil Trifonov in conversation with Shirley Apthorp
- Herbert Blomstedt in conversation with Stephan Schulze
- Semyon Bychkov in conversation with Madeleine Carruzzo
- Mitsuko Uchida in conversation with Tobias Möller