“Guardians of Unity”: Conductors in conversation
The art of conducting has always been shrouded in mystery. In this film, Simon Halsey, who has worked closely with the Berliner Philharmoniker for many years as conductor of the Berlin Rundfunkchor, interviews renowned conductors about their views of this unique profession, the secret of good baton technique and the relationship between analysis and emotion when working with the masterpieces of music.
A film by Benedikt von Bernstorff and Jakob von Bernstorff (2016)
Sir Simon Rattle
© 2016 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- The Berliner Philharmoniker and Frank Peter Zimmermann
- A magical beginning: The Easter Festival in Baden-Baden
- Sarah Willis: a portrait
- Philipp Bohnen: a portrait
- Rhythm is it!
- Cathedrals of Culture – Wim Wenders’s film portrait of the Philharmonie
- Simon Rattle: Echoing an era
- The Berlin Philharmonie – A pentagon with aura
- Trip to Asia
- Karajan: Beauty as I see it