Sarah Willis: a portrait
Horn player Sarah Willis has been a member of the Berliner Philharmoniker since 2001 and is also known to audiences as a charming and humorous presenter of children’s concerts. She also regularly appears in the Digital Concert Hall as an interviewer of the Philharmoniker’s guest soloists and conductors. In this short film portrait, which also features the musician in excerpts from concerts, Willis explains how she decided on the French horn as her instrument when she was 14.
A film by Benedikt von Bernstorff and Jakob von Bernstorff (2018)
© 2018 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- A magical beginning: The Easter Festival in Baden-Baden
- “Guardians of Unity”: Conductors in conversation
- Philipp Bohnen: a portrait
- Claudio Abbado: The silence that follows the music
- Philharmoniker – Our history, Part 2: The West Berlin years
- Rhythm is it!
- “The life I love”: The pianist Menahem Pressler
- Patricia Kopatchinskaja: Seeing the world through my eyes
- A Life in Music – Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Part 1: A child prodigy in Berlin
- Bernard Haitink: “It comes my way...”