Tabea Zimmermann: The viola is my voice
Almost no other viola player can make the instrument sing so soulfully or bring out its virtuoso potential as brilliantly as Tabea Zimmermann. The Berliner Philharmoniker appointed her as Artist in Residence for the 2020/21 season. In Magdalena Zięba-Schwind’s film The viola is my voice, you can find out how Zimmermann copes with the fact that this season in particular, it was hardly possible to perform in front of an audience, what making music means to her, and why she is fascinated by Paul Hindemith.
A film by Magdalena Zięba-Schwind (2021)
© 2021 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- The Berliner Philharmoniker in Asia
- Living with Beethoven
- Short Rides with John Adams
- The Concert and I
- Stefan Dohr: a portrait
- The 12 Cellists of the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Rhythm is it!
- Michael Hasel: a portrait
- The Highest Level: Lang Lang with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- A Life in Music – Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Part 3: At the height of his fame