Bach’s "St. Matthew Passion": an introduction by Simon Halsey
On the occasion of the revival of the Peter Sellars production of the St. Matthew Passion in October 2013, Simon Halsey, long-time chief conductor of the Rundfunkchor Berlin, talks about the never-ending search for the “correct” interpretation of Bach.
© 2013 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Simon Halsey on Schubert, Mahler, Debussy and Claudio Abbado
- Simon Halsey talking about Haydn’s “The Seasons”
- Peter Sellars in conversation with Simon Halsey
- Amnon Weinstein on the "Violins of Hope"
- Christian Thielemann on Strauss’s Oboe Concerto and Bruckner’s Fourth
- Anne Sofie von Otter in conversation with Christoph Hartmann
- Simon Halsey on Michael Tippett’s "A Child of Our Time"
- Manfred Honeck in conversation with Martin Menking
- Kirill Petrenko in conversation with Stefan Dohr
- The Berliner Philharmoniker’s New Year’s Eve Party