Sir Simon Rattle in conversation with James Jolly
The Berliner Philharmoniker performed Benjamin Britten’s War Requiem to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the composer’s birth. The musical direction was in the hands of chief conductor Sir Simon Rattle, who talks here with journalist James Jolly about the poignant mass for the dead.
© 2013 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Sir Simon Rattle about Herbert von Karajan
- Sir Simon Rattle in conversation with Claus Spahn
- The Berliner Philharmoniker support UNICEF’s Haiti emergency assistance – a round table discussion
- Albrecht Mayer on the oboe concerto by Richard Strauss
- Christian Thielemann interviewed by Sarah Willis
- Welcome to the 2015/2016 season!
- Mitsuko Uchida in conversation with Sarah Willis
- Patricia Kopatchinskaja in conversation with Paolo Mendes
- Jean-Christophe Spinosi and Philippe Jaroussky in conversation with Solène Kermarrec
- Iván Fischer in conversation with Stephan Koncz