Mariss Jansons and the Berliner Philharmoniker
To mark the first anniversary of Mariss Jansons’s death on 1 December 2020, this playlist brings together some of the Riga-born conductor’s finest recordings. A protégé of Herbert von Karajan, he worked with the Berliner Philharmoniker for well over 40 years and was made an honorary member of the orchestra in 2018. The selection shows the conductor’s stylistic versatility, including an unforgettable performance of the Verdi Requiem.
- From its beginnings to today: Highlights in the Digital Concert Hall
- Johannes Brahms I: Symphonies, Concertos, Deutsches Requiem
- French music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Famous cello concertos: From the First Viennese School to the 20th century
- Grand Opera with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Love stories in performances by the Berliner Philharmoniker