French music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
The new Digital Concert Hall playlist features French orchestral music from the Baroque to the present. The repertoire offers radical experiments in form as well as delicate studies of timbre, the typical French tone of Impressionism and exotic colouring. Among the composers are dazzling artistic figures such as Berlioz, Debussy and Varèse, but also refined and cultivated personalities like Fauré and Ravel. Among the performers in the selection are the Philharmoniker’s chief conductors Herbert von Karajan, Claudio Abbado, Sir Simon Rattle and Kirill Petrenko.
- Russian music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Symphonic dances: Waltzes in Philharmoniker concerts
- The “Late Night” concerts with discoveries for night owls
- A violinst recommends: Isabelle Faust’s Highlights
- Musical Sunrises: “Let there be light!”
- Enigma Variations: Music with secret and cryptic messages