French music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
The new Digital Concert Hall playlist features French orchestral music from the Baroque to the present. The repertoire offers radical experiments in form as well as delicate studies of timbre, the typical French tone of Impressionism and exotic colouring. Among the composers are dazzling artistic figures such as Berlioz, Debussy and Varèse, but also refined and cultivated personalities like Fauré and Ravel. Among the performers in the selection are the Philharmoniker’s chief conductors Herbert von Karajan, Claudio Abbado, Sir Simon Rattle and Kirill Petrenko.
- From the triumphant to the tragic: heroic stories in music
- Enigma Variations: Music with secret and cryptic messages
- The magic of dance: Ballet music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Johannes Brahms II: Orchestral and Vocal Works, Serenades, Dances
- The Berliner Philharmoniker at the Waldbühne: Musical highlights from all over the world
- Surrounded by music: Discover Immersive Audio in the Digital Concert Hall