Violins of Hope
In January 2015, on the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, musicians of the Berliner Philharmoniker played violins that had once belonged to victims of the Holocaust. In this film we meet the people who made this extraordinary concert possible – and of course the instruments themselves, each of which has its own moving story to tell.
A film by Katrin Sandmann (2015)
Sir Simon Rattle
© 2015 rbb
Recommended for you
- Carlos Kleiber: I am lost to the world
- Herbert von Karajan conducts Wagner’s “Das Rheingold”
- Open House 2012
- Sergiu Celibidache: The triumphant return
- Maestros in Democracy
- Short Rides with John Adams
- “Guardians of Unity”: Conductors in conversation
- The Berlin Philharmonie – A pentagon with aura
- Rhythm is it!
- A License to Play – The Karajan Academy of the Berliner Philharmoniker