David Zinman and Yo-Yo Ma on melancholy, life and death in Shostakovich’s Second Cello Concerto
In January 2011, Yo-Yo Ma, under the direction of David Zinman, performed Shostakovich’s Second Cello Concerto with the Berliner Philharmoniker. In this interval feature, the conductor and soloist talk to Emmanuel Pahud, principal flute with the orchestra.
© 2011 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Anders Hillborg on his composition “Cold Heat”
- Emmanuel Pahud in conversation with Lydia Rilling
- Alan Gilbert in conversation with Emmanuel Pahud
- Iván Fischer in conversation with Emmanuel Pahud
- Tugan Sokhiev in conversation with Stanley Dodds
- Simon Halsey on Michael Tippett’s "A Child of Our Time"
- Christian Gerhaher, Gijs Leenaars and Christian Thielemann about Brahms’s “Deutsches Requiem”
- Christian Thielemann in conversation with Raimar Orlovsky
- Lahav Shani in conversation with Amihai Grosz
- Leonidas Kavakos in conversation with Walter Küssner