Sir Simon Rattle on the first act of Wagner’s “Walküre”
In the winter of 2016, the Berliner Philharmoniker and Sir Simon Rattle presented an all-Wagner programme, with the lyrical and chamber music-like Siegfried Idyll and the highly dramatic first act of the Walküre. Here, the chief conductor introduces the works.
© 2016 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Sir Simon Rattle about Herbert von Karajan
- Sir Simon Rattle in conversation with Claus Spahn
- The Berliner Philharmoniker support UNICEF’s Haiti emergency assistance – a round table discussion
- The 2018 New Year’s Eve Concert: an introduction
- Simon Halsey on Michael Tippett’s "A Child of Our Time"
- Mitsuko Uchida in conversation with Tobias Möller
- Sol Gabetta in conversation with Stephan Koncz
- Daniel Harding in conversation with Matthew Hunter
- Andris Nelsons and Håkan Hardenberger in conversation with Sarah Willis
- Anna Vinnitskaya in conversation with Raphael Haeger