Christian Thielemann on passion and nobility in Tchaikovsky’s Sixth Symphony
In 2012, Christian Thielemann proved his passion for French and Russian music in a concert with the Berliner Philharmoniker which included Tchaikovsky’s Pathétique. Here he speaks with the Philharmoniker’s violinist Aleksandar Ivić.
© 2012 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Christian Thielemann interviewed by Sarah Willis
- Christian Thielemann, Renée Fleming and Thomas Hampson on Richard Strauss
- Christian Thielemann on Strauss’s Oboe Concerto and Bruckner’s Fourth
- Pinchas Zukerman in conversation with Aleksandar Ivić
- Christian Thielemann in conversation with Aleksandar Ivić
- Denis Matsuev in conversation with Aleksandar Ivić
- Sir Simon Rattle on Stravinsky’s "Chant funèbre"
- Andris Nelsons on his work with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Helmut Lachenmann in conversation with Catherine Milliken
- Elīna Garanča in conversation with Julia Gartemann