ConcertSimon Rattle’s farewell with Mahler’s Sixth
Sir Simon Rattle on Mahler’s Sixth Symphony
To mark his last concert as chief conductor of the Berliner Philharmoniker, Simon Rattle talks about Mahler’s Sixth Symphony, a work which was also on the programme at his Philharmoniker debut in 1987.
© 2018 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Sir Simon Rattle about Herbert von Karajan
- Sir Simon Rattle in conversation with Claus Spahn
- The Berliner Philharmoniker support UNICEF’s Haiti emergency assistance – a round table discussion
- Valery Gergiev in conversation with Wilfried Strehle
- Christian Tetzlaff on his season as Artist in Residence
- Amnon Weinstein on the "Violins of Hope"
- Sir Simon Rattle on performing Mahler’s symphonies (Part 1)
- Kirill Petrenko in conversation with Olaf Maninger
- Tabea Zimmermann in conversation with Helge Grünewald (in German)
- Sol Gabetta in conversation with Stephan Koncz