Christian Gerhaher in conversation with Philipp Bohnen
“Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen” (I am lost to the world) is the title of one of Gustav Mahler’s Rückert lieder. However, as baritone Christian Gerhaher says, it “in no way speaks of death”. Rather, they are the words of a man very much alive who is expressing “I have had enough of it”, as Gerhaher explains here to Philharmoniker violinist Philipp Bohnen.
© 2022 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Christian Gerhaher in conversation with Albrecht Mayer
- Christian Gerhaher in conversation with Knut Weber
- Christian Gerhaher, Gijs Leenaars and Christian Thielemann about Brahms’s “Deutsches Requiem”
- Boris Berezovsky on Liszt’s First Piano Concerto
- Kristjan Järvi in conversation with Philipp Bohnen
- Berlioz’ "Symphonie fantastique": A little organology with Philipp Bohnen
- François-Xavier Roth in conversation with Andreas Wittmann
- Miklós Perényi on Lutosławski’s Cello Concerto
- Simon Halsey on Michael Tippett’s "A Child of Our Time"
- Simon Halsey on Mahler’s Third Symphony