Mozart’s most beautiful piano concertos
As a freelance musician in Vienna, Mozart caused a sensation with his piano concertos, whose soloist at the premiere was almost always himself. In their elegance and profundity, in the balance of serenity and melancholy, virtuosity and simplicity, these works are probably among the most perfect creations in the history of music. This selection brings together ten of Mozart’s most beautiful piano concertos in performances by the Berliner Philharmoniker. The soloists include Mitsuko Uchida and Daniel Barenboim, Emanuel Ax, Maria João Pires, Maurizio Pollini and Menahem Pressler.
- The Berliner Philharmoniker at the Waldbühne: Musical highlights from all over the world
- Igor Stravinsky in his works
- Undying fascination: The music of the “Golden Twenties”
- Our double bass player’s perspective: Matthew McDonald’s favourites
- Popular Classical and Romantic works
- Tema con variazioni: Music with alterations