Mozart’s most beautiful piano concertos
As a freelance musician in Vienna, Mozart caused a sensation with his piano concertos, whose soloist at the premiere was almost always himself. In their elegance and profundity, in the balance of serenity and melancholy, virtuosity and simplicity, these works are probably among the most perfect creations in the history of music. This selection brings together ten of Mozart’s most beautiful piano concertos in performances by the Berliner Philharmoniker. The soloists include Mitsuko Uchida and Daniel Barenboim, Emanuel Ax, Maria João Pires, Maurizio Pollini and Menahem Pressler.
Recommended for you
- A soprano’s perspective: Anna Prohaska’s favourites
- Our tuba player’s perspective: Alexander von Puttkamer’s favourites
- Enigma Variations: Music with secret and cryptic messages
- Director of the perfect sound: Herbert von Karajan with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Surrounded by music: Discover Immersive Audio in the Digital Concert Hall
- Berliner Philharmoniker as soloists
- Igor Stravinsky in his works
- Meet Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker!
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in his works
- The Berliner Philharmoniker at the Waldbühne: Musical highlights from all over the world