The magic of dance: Ballet music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
The ballet music of Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, Ravel and Prokofiev is so rich in rhythm, colour, image and mood that purely instrumental renditions have long since become an indispensable part of the repertoire of large symphony orchestras. This playlist ranges from French Baroque music through the 19th century and commissioned works by the legendary Ballets Russes to Béla Bartók and Bernd Alois Zimmermann, whose Alagoana suite was performed by chief conductor Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker in February 2020.
- From Herbert von Karajan to Kirill Petrenko: Historical milestones in the Digital Concert Hall
- Splendour and grace: Baroque music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- The Europakonzert of the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Robert Schumann in his works
- Familiar works heard anew: Musical metamorphoses
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in his works