Symphonic dances: Waltzes in Philharmoniker concerts
The famous Austrian Strauss dynasty were not the only ones who could write wonderful music in three-four time. Composers such as Tchaikovsky, Richard Strauss and Maurice Ravel also contributed to the waltz, taking it out of the ballroom and to the concert halls and opera stages. Whether lilting or slow, the original Viennese or shrouded in Finnish melancholy, our selection presents you with works that shed light on the dance in very different ways.
- The instrument in the centre: The viola in solo and orchestral works
- Pianists with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Russian music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Johannes Brahms I: Symphonies, Concertos, Deutsches Requiem
- The “Late Night” concerts with discoveries for night owls
- Mariss Jansons and the Berliner Philharmoniker