Symphonic dances: Waltzes in Philharmoniker concerts
The famous Austrian Strauss dynasty were not the only ones who could write wonderful music in three-four time. Composers such as Tchaikovsky, Richard Strauss and Maurice Ravel also contributed to the waltz, taking it out of the ballroom and to the concert halls and opera stages. Whether lilting or slow, the original Viennese or shrouded in Finnish melancholy, our selection presents you with works that shed light on the dance in very different ways.
- Pianists with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Seeking and confession: Identities in Classical music
- Claudio Abbado and the Berliner Philharmoniker
- “La Mer”: Water music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Berliner Philharmoniker as soloists
- Splendour and grace: Baroque music with the Berliner Philharmoniker