“La Mer”: Water music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
Whether it’s the calm of the sea, a gently flowing river or a mighty storm on the ocean, our playlist shows how water in its various forms has inspired composers to write great works from the Baroque to the modern era. The selection presents, among others, Handel’s Water Music, Smetana’s immortal Moldau, dazzling pieces by Debussy and Ravel and – in a performance conducted by Kirill Petrenko – Rachmaninov’s tone poem The Isle of the Dead.
- Johannes Brahms II: Orchestral and Vocal Works, Serenades, Dances
- Grand Opera with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- English music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Bernard Haitink and the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Philharmoniker premieres: Music of our time
- Surrounded by music: Discover Immersive Audio in the Digital Concert Hall