InterviewWelcome to the 2015/2016 season!
Season opening 2015: Simon Rattle conducts Britten and Shostakovich
To open the 2015/2016 season, the Berliner Philharmoniker and chief conductor Sir Simon Rattle presented two works that blend virtuosity with irony in very different ways. While Benjamin Britten lovingly portrays the character traits of his teacher Frank Bridge in his set of variations, the parody in Shostakovich’s Fourth Symphony has a more serious background, reflecting the grotesque features of the Stalinist dictatorship.
Sir Simon Rattle
© 2015 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
- Simon Rattle conducts Schumann’s “Paradise and the Peri”
- A Brahms evening with Sir Simon Rattle and Lars Vogt
- Simon Rattle conducts Messiaen’s “Turangalîla-Symphonie”
- A Schumann evening with Simon Rattle and Mitsuko Uchida
- Simon Rattle conducts Brahms’s Symphonies No. 3 and 4
- Simon Rattle conducts Bruckner’s Ninth and Schreker’s Chamber Symphony