Meet Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker!
A new chapter in the history of the Berliner Philharmoniker was opened when Kirill Petrenko took up his post as chief conductor in the summer of 2019. He made his debut with the orchestra in 2006, and their joint performances caused a sensation as a result of detailed rehearsal work and his irresistible personality. This free playlist includes highlights of the core repertoire with works by Beethoven, Mozart, Weber, Tchaikovsky, Mahler and Strauss.
- A soprano’s perspective: Marlis Petersen’s favourites
- A soprano’s perspective: Anna Prohaska’s favourites
- Richard Strauss and his tone poems
- Our tuba player’s perspective: Alexander von Puttkamer’s favourites
- Igor Stravinsky in his works
- Symphonic poems: Fairy tales, legends and impressions of nature