Meet Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker!
A new chapter in the history of the Berliner Philharmoniker was opened when Kirill Petrenko took up his post as chief conductor in the summer of 2019. He made his debut with the orchestra in 2006, and their joint performances caused a sensation as a result of detailed rehearsal work and his irresistible personality. This free playlist includes highlights of the core symphonic repertoire with works by Beethoven, Tchaikovsky and Mahler.
Recommended for you
- Seeking and confession: Identities in Classical music
- From Brazil to China: Classical works inspired by other sound worlds
- Famous cello concertos: From the First Viennese School to the 20th century
- Surrounded by music: Discover Immersive Audio in the Digital Concert Hall
- Our concertmaster’s perspective: Noah Bendix-Balgley’s favourites
- Musical Sunrises: “Let there be light!”
- The instrument in the centre: The viola in solo and orchestral works
- “La Mer”: Water music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Our tuba player’s perspective: Alexander von Puttkamer’s favourites
- Pianists with the Berliner Philharmoniker