Richard Strauss and his tone poems
The tone poems of Richard Strauss are among the most striking and virtuosic works of the orchestral literature. This list contains outstanding recordings of these nine works. You will meet literary heroes such as Don Juan and Till Eulenspiegel, experience music inspired by philosophy in Also sprach Zarathustra (Thus Spoke Zarathustra) and enjoy powerful spectacles of nature in the Alpensinfonie (Alpine Symphony) with the Berliner Philharmoniker and the great Strauss conductors of our time.
- Our viola player’s perspective: Amihai Grosz’s favourites
- Light music and favourite works with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Tema con variazioni: Music with alterations
- Violinists with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- The magic of dance: Ballet music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- The instrument in the centre: The viola in solo and orchestral works