Richard Strauss and his tone poems
The tone poems of Richard Strauss are among the most striking and virtuosic works of the orchestral literature. This list contains outstanding recordings of these nine works. You will meet literary heroes such as Don Juan and Till Eulenspiegel, experience music inspired by philosophy in Also sprach Zarathustra (Thus Spoke Zarathustra) and enjoy powerful spectacles of nature in the Alpensinfonie (Alpine Symphony) with the Berliner Philharmoniker and the great Strauss conductors of our time.
Recommended for you
- Meet Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker!
- The instrument in the centre: The viola in solo and orchestral works
- Igor Stravinsky in his works
- Famous cello concertos: From the First Viennese School to the 20th century
- Grand Opera with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Our double bass player’s perspective: Matthew McDonald’s favourites
- The Berliner Philharmoniker at the Waldbühne: Musical highlights from all over the world
- Familiar works heard anew: Musical metamorphoses
- Great Violin Concertos: Highlights and discoveries
- Our viola player’s perspective: Amihai Grosz’s favourites