A conductor recommends: Susanna Mälkki’s highlights
To mark her guest conducting appearance in May 2021, Susanna Mälkki has created a playlist of her personal concert highlights from our archive. It features music from the Finnish conductor’s native northern European region alongside symphonic repertoire by Beethoven, Mahler, Scriabin and Schoenberg. It includes four chief conductors of the Philharmoniker plus Herbert Blomstedt, Pierre Boulez, and Mälkkis compatriot Sakari Oramo.
Recommended for you
- “Unanswered Questions”: Musical Modernism between 1910 and 1920
- From Herbert von Karajan to Kirill Petrenko: Historical milestones in the Digital Concert Hall
- Claudio Abbado and the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Symphonic poems: Fairy tales, legends, and impressions of nature
- Summertimes: Summer music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Meet Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker!
- Love stories in performances by the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Johannes Brahms II: Orchestral and Vocal Works, Serenades, Dances
- Tchaikovsky in his works
- Our tuba player’s perspective: Alexander von Puttkamer’s favourites