15 years of the Digital Concert Hall: Highlights from members of the Berliner Philharmoniker
In the 2023/24 season, the Digital Concert Hall celebrates its launch 15 years ago. In our anniversary broadcast, horn players Sarah Willis and Stefan Dohr, cellists Solène Kermarrec and Knut Weber and double bassist Matthew McDonald reveal which performances in the Digital Concert Hall archive are among their personal favourites. From Tchaikovsky’s cinematically staged Pathétique with Herbert von Karajan, to the brilliant debut of John Williams – enjoy all the highlights in our playlist!
- Our concertmaster’s perspective: Noah Bendix-Balgley’s favourites
- Richard Strauss and his tone poems
- “La Mer”: Water music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Symphonic poems: Fairy tales, legends and impressions of nature
- A soprano’s perspective: Anna Prohaska’s favourites
- “From the New World”: A trip to America with the Berliner Philharmoniker