Popular Classical and Romantic works
Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Wagner, Tchaikovsky – the great composers’ names of the 18th and 19th centuries turn up particularly often in the concerts of the Berliner Philharmoniker. Not surprising, since works such as Beethoven’s symphonies, Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto or Brahms’s Hungarian Dances have lost none of their thrilling effect to this day. Our selection offers you a stimulating foray through the Classical and Romantic periods and their various genres, from the overture to the solo concerto and the symphony.
- “From the New World”: A trip to America with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- A conductor recommends: Jakub Hrůša’s highlights
- Meet Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker!
- Our double bass player’s perspective: Matthew McDonald’s favourites
- Symphonic poems: Fairy tales, legends and impressions of nature
- From Bohemia and Moravia: Czech music with the Berliner Philharmoniker