A conductor recommends: François-Xavier Roth’s highlights
For this playlist, François-Xavier Roth – esteemed guest conductor of the Berliner Philharmoniker – has compiled some of his favourite works and performances from the Digital Concert Hall archive, with multi-faceted works of the 20th and 21st centuries juxtaposed with Wagner’s great opera Tristan und Isolde. At the helm of the orchestra, chief conductor Kirill Petrenko and his predecessor Sir Simon Rattle are joined by Pierre Boulez.
© 2022 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
- Summertimes: Summer music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- From Herbert von Karajan to Kirill Petrenko: Historical milestones in the Digital Concert Hall
- Richard Strauss and his tone poems
- Familiar works heard anew: Musical metamorphoses
- Meet Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker!
- From Brazil to China: Classical works inspired by other sound worlds