Statements by Daniel Barenboim, Iván Fischer and Sir Simon Rattle
On 1 March 2016, the Berliner Philharmoniker and two other of the city’s orchestras welcomed refugees and aid workers to the Philharmonie. Here, the chief conductors of the ensembles express their thoughts on the political and humanitarian situation.
© 2016 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Daniel Barenboim and Asher Fisch in conversation with Stanley Dodds
- Daniel Barenboim on the concert celebrating the fall of the Berlin Wall
- Daniel Barenboim in conversation with Emmanuel Pahud
- Iván Fischer in conversation with Emmanuel Pahud
- Iván Fischer in conversation with Simon Halsey
- Iván Fischer about Mahler’s Third Symphony
- Sir Simon Rattle about Herbert von Karajan
- Sir Simon Rattle in conversation with Claus Spahn
- The Berliner Philharmoniker support UNICEF’s Haiti emergency assistance – a round table discussion
- Welcome to the 2016/2017 season!