Our concertmaster’s perspective: Noah Bendix-Balgley’s favourites
1st concertmaster Noah Bendix-Balgley invites listeners to relive his most memorable musical experiences since joining the orchestra in 2014. These concerts feature “repertoire that I love”, says the violinist, “or collaborations with wonderful conductors or soloists that stay in my memory very strongly”. In works both familiar and lesser-known, he offers a personal tour of his years in the orchestra so far.
Recommended for you
- Dmitri Shostakovich in his works
- Johannes Brahms I: Symphonies, Concertos, Deutsches Requiem
- Undying fascination: The music of the “Golden Twenties”
- Surrounded by music: Discover Immersive Audio in the Digital Concert Hall
- Meet Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker!
- The Berliner Philharmoniker at the Waldbühne: Musical highlights from all over the world
- A soprano’s perspective: Anna Prohaska’s favourites
- Seeking and confession: Identities in Classical music
- Director of the perfect sound: Herbert von Karajan with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- The instrument in the centre: The viola in solo and orchestral works