Our tuba player’s perspective: Alexander von Puttkamer’s favourites
In this playlist, Alexander von Puttkamer – the only tuba player among the Berliner Philharmoniker’s orchestra members – presents his favourite recordings from the Digital Concert Hall archives. These include Bernard Haitink’s farewell concert with the Philharmoniker as well as Verdi’s Otello under the baton of Zubin Mehta. The selection includes exciting, lesser-known works such as Britten’s Violin Concerto and Osvaldo Golijov’s Nazareno, and of course the current chief conductor is also included: in his first concert following his election, Kirill Petrenko conducted a fiery performance of Mozart’s Haffner Symphony.
- Russian music with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Surrounded by music: Discover Immersive Audio in the Digital Concert Hall
- Claudio Abbado and the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Johannes Brahms I: Symphonies, Concertos, Deutsches Requiem
- Great Violin Concertos: Highlights and discoveries
- Summertimes: Summer music with the Berliner Philharmoniker