Our viola player’s perspective: Amihai Grosz’s favourites
First principal viola player Amihai Grosz has created a playlist which among other things includes operas, symphonies and concerts under the baton of three chief conductors. Claudio Abbado presents Antonín Dvořák’s Ninth Symphony, while Simon Rattle heads a concertante performance of Tristan und Isolde. Kirill Petrenko conducted Elgar’s Second Symphony in his second programme with the Berliner Philharmoniker, and Tchaikovsky’s Fifth in his last concert as chief conductor designate. Amihai Grosz himself appears as a soloist in works by William Walton and Luciano Berio.
- Famous cello concertos: From the First Viennese School to the 20th century
- Notturno – music of the night with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in his works
- The “Late Night” concerts with discoveries for night owls
- Mariss Jansons and the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Our double bass player’s perspective: Matthew McDonald’s favourites