Johannes Brahms II: Orchestral and Vocal Works, Serenades, Dances
Our second Johannes Brahms playlist is dedicated to his compositions outside of the classical genres of the symphony and solo concerto. In addition to the famous Hungarian Dances and the Haydn Variations, it also includes works that are rarely heard in the concert hall. This selection of Philharmoniker performances with conductors such as Claudio Abbado, Christian Thielemann and Daniel Barenboim features the dramatic cantata Rinaldo, two concert overtures, and compositions for choir and orchestra.
Recommended for you
- The Berliner Philharmoniker at the Waldbühne: Musical highlights from all over the world
- From Herbert von Karajan to Kirill Petrenko: Historical milestones in the Digital Concert Hall
- A soprano’s perspective: Anna Prohaska’s favourites
- Berliner Philharmoniker as soloists
- A conductor recommends: Jakub Hrůša’s highlights
- Meet Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker!
- Stravinsky in his works
- Symphonic dances: Waltzes in Philharmoniker concerts
- Violinists with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Director of the perfect sound: Herbert von Karajan with the Berliner Philharmoniker