Johannes Brahms II: Orchestral and Vocal Works, Serenades, Dances
Our second Johannes Brahms playlist is dedicated to his compositions outside of the classical genres of the symphony and solo concerto. In addition to the famous Hungarian Dances and the Haydn Variations, it also includes works that are rarely heard in the concert hall. This selection of Philharmoniker performances with conductors such as Claudio Abbado, Christian Thielemann and Daniel Barenboim features the dramatic cantata Rinaldo, two concert overtures, and compositions for choir and orchestra.
- Richard Strauss and his tone poems
- 15 years of the Digital Concert Hall: Highlights from members of the Berliner Philharmoniker
- From the triumphant to the tragic: heroic stories in music
- Enigma Variations: Music with secret and cryptic messages
- Violinists with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- “From the New World”: A trip to America with the Berliner Philharmoniker