Johannes Brahms I: Symphonies, Concertos, Deutsches Requiem
As a prelude to an intensive exploration of Johannes Brahms – which also marked the start of the 2020 season – Kirill Petrenko conducted his Fourth Symphony with the Berliner Philharmoniker. Brahms himself appeared several times with the Philharmoniker as conductor and pianist, and his works have been part of the orchestra’s core repertoire since the end of the 19th century. This playlist presents the four symphonies, the solo concertos and the Deutsches Requiem in recordings from Philharmoniker concerts. In addition to Kirill Petrenko, the conductors include Bernard Haitink and Herbert Blomstedt.
- Pianists with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- The “Late Night” concerts with discoveries for night owls
- Johannes Brahms II: Orchestral and Vocal Works, Serenades, Dances
- A soprano’s perspective: Anna Prohaska’s favourites
- Seeking and confession: Identities in Classical music
- English music with the Berliner Philharmoniker