With the title “Prism – New music by female composers”, works by contemporary female composers were the focus of the Berliner Philharmoniker in October 2020. Fittingly, this playlist offers insights into the diverse musical output of women such as Unsuk Chin, Anna Thorvaldsdóttir and Kaija Saariaho, whose works have become staples of the orchestra’s concert repertoire.
Recommended for you
- Richard Strauss and his tone poems
- The Europakonzert of the Berliner Philharmoniker
- The “Late Night” concerts with discoveries for night owls
- Mozart’s most beautiful piano concertos
- On the silver screen: Classical music in film
- The instrument in the centre: The viola in solo and orchestral works
- Symphonic poems: Fairy tales, legends, and impressions of nature
- A conductor recommends: François-Xavier Roth’s highlights
- Violinists with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Meet Kirill Petrenko and the Berliner Philharmoniker!