InterviewBrett Dean: Composing Socrates
Simon Rattle conducts Tippett’s “A Child of Our Time”
It is one of the most significant oratorios of the 20th century: Michael Tippett’s A Child of our Time. Based on a story from the Nazi era, the work is a call for humanity and justice. The concert also includes the premiere of Brett Dean’s The Last Days of Socrates – another innovative work whose aim is to breathe new life into the genre of the oratorio. Simon Rattle conducts.
Sir Simon Rattle
© 2013 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
InterviewSimon Halsey on Michael Tippett’s "A Child of Our Time"
- Claudio Abbado conducts Schubert, Debussy and Mahler
- Christian Thielemann conducts choral works by Johannes Brahms
- Simon Rattle conducts Stravinsky and Berio
- Sir Simon Rattle conducts Mahler’s Symphony No. 2
- Simon Rattle conducts Mahler’s “Symphony of a Thousand”
- Simon Rattle conducts “Weltethos” by Jonathan Harvey and Hans Küng