The 12 Cellists of the Berliner Philharmoniker
Their sound is unmistakable: since its foundation in 1972, the 12 Cellists of the Berliner Philharmoniker have achieved international fame. Stylistically, the ensemble is equally at home in jazz and tango as in contemporary works and arrangements of classical pieces. Enrique Sánchez Lansch’s 2012 documentary Die 12 accompanies the ensemble on a concert tour to China and shows in rehearsal and concert recordings the process leading to the premiere of a commissioned composition by Sofia Gubaidulina.
A film by Enrique Sánchez Lansch (2012)
© 2012 EuroArts & The 12 Cellists of the Berliner Philharmoniker
Recommended for you
- Rhythm is it!
- The “Reichsorchester”
- Trip to Asia
- Herbert von Karajan: Maestro for the screen
- Michael Hasel: a portrait
- Philharmoniker – Our history, Part 2: The West Berlin years
- A Life in Music – Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Part 2: From Berliner to cosmopolite
- Raphael Haeger: a portrait
- Berlin im Licht: Stories from the Golden Twenties
- Noah Bendix-Balgley: a portrait