ConcertSimon Rattle conducts Schumann and Prokofiev
Sir Simon Rattle talks about Schumann’s symphonies
In the 2013/2014 season, chief conductor Sir Simon Rattle performed the four symphonies of Robert Schumann with the Berliner Philharmoniker. Here, he explains his view of these key works of Romanticism.
© 2013 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Sir Simon Rattle about Herbert von Karajan
- Sir Simon Rattle in conversation with Claus Spahn
- The Berliner Philharmoniker support UNICEF’s Haiti emergency assistance – a round table discussion
- Simon Halsey on Michael Tippett’s "A Child of Our Time"
- Christian Thielemann in conversation with Raimar Orlovsky
- Janine Jansen and Daniel Harding in conversation with Sarah Willis
- Herbert Blomstedt on Beethoven’s Missa solemnis
- Sir Simon Rattle on performing Mahler’s symphonies (Part 1)
- Zubin Mehta in conversation with Ludwig Quandt
- Oksana Lyniv in conversation with Stanley Dodds