Sir Simon Rattle on Stravinsky’s "Chant funèbre"
The Berliner Philharmoniker presented the German premiere of Igor Stravinsky’s long-lost early work Chant funébre in June 2017. In this introduction, chief conductor Sir Simon Rattle talks about the work and its unexpected rediscovery.
© 2017 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Sir Simon Rattle about Herbert von Karajan
- Sir Simon Rattle in conversation with Claus Spahn
- The Berliner Philharmoniker support UNICEF’s Haiti emergency assistance – a round table discussion
- Sakari Oramo in conversation with Kyoungmin Park
- Bernard Haitink and Leif Ove Andsnes about making music in the name of Fukushima
- The concerts of the German Federal President – A success story since 1988
- Winrich Hopp in conversation with Benedikt von Bernstorff
- Peter Sellars talks about Bach’s “St John Passion”
- Marlis Petersen in conversation with Eva-Maria Tomasi
- Krzysztof Urbański in conversation with Krzysztof Polonek