A soprano’s perspective: Marlis Petersen’s favourites
The playlist compiled by Marlis Petersen from the Digital Concert Hall archives includes music which ranges from the Baroque to the post-war period. The soprano, who has a close artistic partnership with Kirill Petrenko, is currently artist in residence with the Berliner Philharmoniker. In addition to performances by esteemed colleagues, she has chosen personal favourites from the Late Night and Education formats, as well as a Karajan recording made on the day she was born. Petersen herself can be heard in a composition by George Crumb which she performed at her debut with the Philharmoniker in 2014.
- Our viola player’s perspective: Amihai Grosz’s favourites
- Symphonic dances: Waltzes in Philharmoniker concerts
- Johannes Brahms II: Orchestral and Vocal Works, Serenades, Dances
- Claudio Abbado and the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Our tuba player’s perspective: Alexander von Puttkamer’s favourites
- Dmitri Shostakovich in his works