InterviewBehind the scenes: The 12 Cellists play tango
The 12 Cellists and Anna Prohaska
For decades, the 12 Cellists of the Berliner Philharmoniker have been playing from one success to the next. Together with soprano Anna Prohaska, this concert takes on an atmospheric South America programme with music by Heitor Villa-Lobos, Astor Piazzolla and Horacio Salgán. Compositions by Gabriel Fauré in artful arrangements for 12 violoncelli add some French flair.
The 12 Cellists of the Berliner Philharmoniker
© 2015 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
- Birthday concert of the 12 Cellists of the Berliner Philharmoniker
- An evening of chamber music with Christian Tetzlaff
- Octets by Franz Schubert and Jörg Widmann
- The Berlin Phil Series: “A Tribute to Daniel Stabrawa”
- The Berlin Phil Series: Vive la France!
- The Berlin Phil Series: An American in Berlin