Reinhold Glière’s Horn Concerto with Radek Baborak and Dmitri Kitayenko
In this recording, Radek Baborak, former 1st principal horn with the Berliner Philharmoniker, performs the Horn Concerto by the Russian composer Reinhold Glière, in which a nostalgic tone conjuring up Western Romanticism is charmingly blended with Russian folk songs. Dmitri Kitayenko also conducts Alexander Scriabin’s opulently orchestrated Third Symphony, a hymn to the freedom of the spirit.
© 2010 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
- String quartet Made in Berlin: A musical European journey
- Kirill Petrenko and Patricia Kopatchinskaja
- The National Youth Orchestra of Germany and the National Youth Ballet with Ravel and Strauss
- Dance project: Swing Symphony
- Mariss Jansons conducts Dvořák’s Symphony “From the New World”
- Sing along and have fun!