“The Golden Twenties”: A night at the Moka Efti
One night in the legendary coffee house Moka Efti! Members of the Berliner Philharmoniker play dance music of the 1920s – foxtrots and shimmies, tangos and blues ballads. Kurt Weill is represented with three works, among them the Kleine Dreigroschenmusik. Stefan Wolpe’s Suite from the Twenties and Mátyás Seiber’s Two Jazzolettes reflect the jazz craze of the time. Between the works, Dagmar Manzel reads texts by Trude Hesterberg, Lotte Lenya and Josephine Baker.
Members of the Berliner Philharmoniker
© 2021 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
Recommended for you
- Family concert: “The Gruffalo” as a puppet show
- Europakonzert from Istanbul with Mariss Jansons and Emmanuel Pahud
- 2005 Europakonzert from Budapest with Simon Rattle and Leonidas Kavakos
- Beethoven and Mozart with Simon Rattle and Mitsuko Uchida at the Easter Festival
- Daniel Barenboim conducts the 1997 Europakonzert from Versailles
- “Swing Symphony” with Simon Rattle and Wynton Marsalis
- The 1999 Europakonzert in Krakow with Bernard Haitink, Emanuel Ax and Christine Schäfer
- Karajan conducts Brahms’s Symphonies Nos. 1–4
- Claudio Abbado conducts Beethoven and Mendelssohn
- Sing along and have fun!