InterviewSir Simon Rattle on Mahler’s Seventh Symphony
Season opening 2016: Simon Rattle conducts Mahler’s Seventh Symphony
The press described this evening with Simon Rattle conducting Mahler’s Seventh Symphony as a “spectacular concert that started the 2016/2017 season with a bang”. According to the composer, the work has a “predominantly cheerful character”, but this optimism always remains fragile, ambiguous, on the edge of the abyss. The concert opened with Pierre Boulez’ Éclat – a concentrated work of tonally sensual sophistication.
Sir Simon Rattle
© 2016 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
InterviewWelcome to the 2016/2017 season!
- Simon Rattle conducts Schumann’s “Paradise and the Peri”
- A Brahms evening with Sir Simon Rattle and Lars Vogt
- Simon Rattle conducts Messiaen’s “Turangalîla-Symphonie”
- A Schumann evening with Simon Rattle and Mitsuko Uchida
- Simon Rattle conducts Brahms’s Symphonies No. 3 and 4
- Simon Rattle conducts Bruckner’s Ninth and Schreker’s Chamber Symphony