Seeking and confession: Identities in Classical music
Not only today do we ask ourselves questions like “Who am I, who do I want to be and who may I be?” Composers such as Mozart and Beethoven also explored them in their works. The focus of the 2022/23 season is identities. Chief conductor Kirill Petrenko opened the season with Gustav Mahler’s Seventh Symphony – our playlist brings together these and other works that deal in different ways with the role of the individual in the world.
- Berliner Philharmoniker as soloists
- Our tuba player’s perspective: Alexander von Puttkamer’s favourites
- Love stories in performances by the Berliner Philharmoniker
- Great Violin Concertos: Highlights and discoveries
- Director of the perfect sound: Herbert von Karajan with the Berliner Philharmoniker
- “From the New World”: A trip to America with the Berliner Philharmoniker