Seeking and confession: Identities in Classical music
Not only today do we ask ourselves questions like “Who am I, who do I want to be and who may I be?” Composers such as Mozart and Beethoven also explored them in their works. The focus of the 2022/23 season is identities. Chief conductor Kirill Petrenko opened the season with Gustav Mahler’s Seventh Symphony – our playlist brings together these and other works that deal in different ways with the role of the individual in the world.
- “Unanswered Questions”: Musical Modernism between 1910 and 1920
- Popular Classical and Romantic works
- Richard Strauss and his tone poems
- Surrounded by music: Discover Immersive Audio in the Digital Concert Hall
- Mozart’s most beautiful piano concertos
- Great Violin Concertos: Highlights and discoveries