InterviewLahav Shani in conversation with Amihai Grosz
Lahav Shani and Francesco Piemontesi
Double debut with two rising stars: Lahav Shani, successor to Zubin Mehta as music director of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra and principal conductor of the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra, and pianist Francesco Piemontesi, considered one of the most interesting Mozart interpreters of his generation. In this concert, he introduces himself with the last piano concerto by the First Viennese School composer. The main symphonic work is Robert Schumann’s First Symphony, which the newly married composer wrote in the euphoric mood of a new beginning.
© 2020 Berlin Phil Media GmbH
- Sing along and have fun!
- Andrés Orozco-Estrada and Leif Ove Andsnes
- Karajan conducts Ravel and Debussy
- Michael Sanderling and Bruno Delepelaire
- Europakonzert from the Philharmonie Berlin with Kirill Petrenko
- Family concert: “The Gruffalo” as a puppet show
- Simon Rattle conducts the 2015 Europakonzert in Athens
- Vocal Heroes choir project: The Monster in the Maze
- Herbert Blomstedt conducts Beethoven’s Missa solemnis
- Krystian Zimerman and Simon Rattle perform Bernstein’s “The Age of Anxiety”